Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Sixth Tuesday


          Based on the 6 Tuesdays in Tuesdays with Morrie, the Tuesday that has inspired me is the Tuesday we talk about death. The aphorism “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live”p.82 , really inspires me. It inspires me into living my life to the fullest. It inspires me into always being positive and happy, to always maintain a positive mind. It also inspires me into not stressing out about little things that will not matter in the long run. 

           The major aphorism in the chapter also inspires me into trying to understand what it is like to die. I want to understand how it feels like to know you can die at any given moment. It makes me wonder about any regrets I have and if I would go back and try to fix them. I wonder if I would try to be the most positive, happy person I could be, like Morrie, or if I would completely shut everybody out. This also makes me think about what other people would think of me if I were to have a terminal disease. 

          Knowing how to live after knowing how to die can be applied at any age. I would say that children know how to do this better than adults do. Children do not base their decisions off of consequences. They do whatever they want to do and have fun. As a child, you live your life to the fullest. Once you get old, that no longer happens. Adults restrain themselves from new, exciting risks in fear of any negative consequences. Adults however, can change that and possibly learn to live life to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment