Monday, May 23, 2016

8th Grade Speech


"Little Things, Big Escapes" 

I believe that in life, everyone needs an escape from reality. I've loved my escape since I was a little kid. I love being able to forget about my problems and being able to concentrate on one thing. Most importantly, I love the happiness it brings to me. 

I remember the first time I needed an escape from life's hardships. It was within 3 years from the time when I had first gotten my hearing aids. The idea of constantly wearing something strange for the rest of your life was a lot to take in as a child. I still remember waking up everyday and dreading to put my hearing aids on. Around this time I was also beginning to explore the world of soccer. At my first soccer game I remember not thinking of anything except for the game in front of me. I had so much fun and my worries were gone. 

Ever since then, soccer has been my escape. It takes my mind elsewhere to a place where I can be worry-free. The amount of control that I have over the game calms me and makes me focus. Playing with my teammates, who I consider family, brings happiness to me. The attitude I get when I step onto the field makes me feel like I belong there.

We all have our own experiences, problems, and hardships that we face. Having something to take your mind off of all of those problems is important, even if it's just for a short amount of time. Escapes could be anything from watching a tv show, to daily talks your friends at lunch. Without an escape, without my escape, I certainly would not be the person I am today.




No comments:

Post a Comment