Friday, May 15, 2015

Symbolism Blog



Prompt: Identify a symbol (something concrete representing something abstract) that represents yourself. Explain how that symbol is the perfect representation of you in a solid paragraph or two, including supporting details on your blog. 




             This picture symbolizes me in a major way. It is the symbol of the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, originally called the Children's Memorial Hospital. This it the hospital that I went to since I was 5 years old for audiology treatment. It was where I first got my first hearing aid. It was there were my life had began to change forever. It was there where I decided that even though I had hearing loss, that it would not prevent me from doing the things I like and am good at; i.e. playing soccer. My audiologist also wears hearing aids, therefore this is also the hospital that inspired me towards my dream job to be an audiologist.

I commented on Sebastian's Blog, Evie's Blog, Lillian's Blog, Rebecca's Blog, and Diana's Blog.

6 comments:

  1. I like your blog Siari! I definitely agree with you that your picture symbolizes the majority of you. Not just the fact that you have hearing loss, but that you never let that stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your blog because the symbol that you chose tied into your whole life. I think that this is really something that represents you because it shows who you are. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog Siari! Wow, that is good that you found inspiration for your future career as an audiologist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job!! I really liked how you told us how this inspired you for what you want to be as a future career. I also thought it was very good to choose something that represents something that was very important to you and had a big impact on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great. I liked how you showed that you are going to persevere your dream even though you lost your hearing. I also liked how you said that is where you decided that nothing is going to stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inspiring post, Siari! You will be a phenomenal Audiologist!

    ReplyDelete