Thursday, February 19, 2015

Weekly Blog 2/16/15

The Testing 
By: Joelle Charbonneau
Pages: 50-100
Prompt: 
-Tell me about the main character. What kind of person is she/he?
-What emotions did you feel while you read? Give details from your reading that made you feel that way.
-What is something you've learned from your reading? 
WARNING: MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE IN BATTLE OF THE BOOKS AND OTHERS THAT MIGHT WANT TO READ THIS BOOK

           The main character in this book is Malencia Vale. Everyone calls her Cia. She is a smart and hardworking girl. She is smart because she got chosen for the Testing. If she wasn't smart then she wouldn't have been picked in the first place. Cia is also smart because she notices the cameras in the bus, while nobody else seems to be mindful about looking. She is hardworking because in the book it states that, "I have been preparing for this day for years and now it is over.... No matter how hard I worked, I wasn't good enough to be chosen for the testing". This was before she knew that the person who picked the Testing group couldn't make it to graduation day. 
            An emotion that I felt while reading this book was that I was shocked. I was shocked when she found the cameras on the bus and I was shocked when I found out what had happened to her roommate at the testing facility. I won't say what happened because I don't want to spoil it, but I was so surprised that with what had happened. I never saw that coming, but it added a good twist to the book. 

            Something that I have learned from reading this is that not everybody seems to be who they are. Cia's roommate seemed to be so confident and so smart. She seemed like she was certain she was on the right path. Then, something happened to her that just was the complete opposite of what she would seem to do. I also learned to look for cameras because you never know who might be recording you.(that's kind of creepy)

I commented on Joseph G's Blog, Yareli's Blog, and Joseph H.'s Blog

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a good blog this week and you answered the questions good by giving specific details. This post made me want to read the book, and it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! However I'm a bit befuddled, what is the so called "Testing" in the first place? I like how you put that it shocked you but wont tell it because of spoilers. It really makes me want to read the book just to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yareli. It is called the Testing because they are getting tested to see who would go onto the University.

      Delete
  3. Hey Siari! This is a great blog, and you did a good job explaining the main character and your emotions. Basically, it's just a book about testing for a university?

    ReplyDelete